The Titanic Creative Writing Competition
Try your hand at writing a very short “short story”, based on the theme of The Titanic.
There is a £25 book token for the winner of each of our 3 age categories:
· Adult (19+)
· 12 – 18 years
· 11 years and under
Your short, short story - otherwise known as Flash Fiction - should have a minimum of 100 words and a maximum of 500 words.
All entries will be read and judged by author and poet, Maggie Norton.
The winning stories will be displayed in Cumbria’s larger libraries, and published on the Library Service website.
Closing Date for entries - Monday 21st May, 2012
- Entries are invited from anyone living or working in Cumbria, for original short stories of no more than 500 words on the theme of The Titanic.
- Your story must be unpublished and must not have been entered in any other competition
- You may submit only one entry.
- Your story must be in English and typed, or very clearly hand written.
- Entrants must agree to their winning story being displayed in libraries and published on the library service website, or in any other publication which Cumbria County Council considers appropriate.
- Entries may be handed in to your local library, or, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your name, address, & phone number on your entry. (If you are 18 and under, also add your age so that your entry is put into the correct category for judging)